The 16th Annual Train Show and Swap Meet
Save the Date: February 18-19, 2017
The Lawrence Model Railroad Club returns to the Douglas County Fairgrounds for the 16th Annual Model Train Show and Swap Meet.
Location: Douglas County Fairgrounds, Building 21
Admission:Adults $6.00. Children 12 and under free with paid adult
Bring a canned food donation for LINK and receive $1.00 off admission.
Train Show Flyer
The Lawrence Model Railroad Club Annual Model Contest will be held at the show. Entries should be in the following categories:
- Diesel Locomotives
- Steam Locomotives
- Rolling Stock
- Square foot diorama
Model Contest Rules
- Have Fun.
- The contest is open to all model railroaders and railfans.
- There are no entry fees for this contest.
- Display your model with contest entry number.
- You may provide a description, example: kit bashed from kits xyz and ABC, along with prototype photos used to create your model.
- If your model is attached to a layout, a picture of your model would be preferred, with directions to which layout your model is on.
- Judging will be by the general public vote. Each guest will receive one ballet.
- Voting is open from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm on Saturday and from 9 am to 2:00 pm on Sunday. We will post winners in each category Sunday afternoon.
- Entries will be accepted on Saturday and may be picked up after 2:00 pm on Sunday.
- Best in Show will be determined by the model getting the most overall votes